Wednesday, March 5, 2008

NHD REFLECTIION

3/4/08



NHD REFLECTION!!!!!


1. The topic that I chose for NHD was the Desegregation of Girard College, The project type was an Exhibit, my partners were Quincy Adams, Katonya Leach, and Ashlee Kalfas.

2. What did you learn?

- I learned that Girard College was a major issue in the philadelphia community and that it was a stepping stone to desegregation in other schools as well, and many people faught for many years and they finally got what they wanted.

- What I learned by working in groups was that as long as you have focused and hard working people to work with your project will go just fine even though you may argue alot in the end your project comes out great. I learned that my project was what I made it and if I did’nt put anything in I got nothing out but overall throughout the whole NHD Project I learned that it not only benefits to your grade but to my knowledge as well because when you research a certain topic that you had no idea about you learn more and that too is a good thing about NHD.

- The experience that I had with NHD was a great experience in a way but it was stressful as well because being as though I was so into working on thiss project it was all I thought about meaning that I forgot about every other class that I had and just focused on NHD and basically failing in other classes.

SUCCESSES
3.Some of my successes were that I got my work turned in on time and I got a major good grade on my project which was a very shocking moment for me because I really did’nt think that I would get such a good grade on my project.

CHALLENGES
4. Some of the challenges that I had were mainly getting the work turned in on time and actually trusting my group members which in the end turned out to be a huge success for me.

5. I really would not suggest any changes be made for next year but to work harder to maintain that good grade that I got this year.

No comments: