Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Service Learning reflection

Tihira Johnson
6-2-08

The Mirror: What have I learned about myself through this experience?

I have learned so much about myself throughout this experience. I have learned that I really can work and cooperate with others in a very respectful manner. I have learned that what I do reflects on others and that encourages me to do better.

The Microscope: Describe three moments of failure, success, indecision,doubt, humor, frustration, happiuness, sadness?

Three moments of failure would be trying to change school lunch, trying to go out and eat for lunch, and trying to sell sandwiches as a small adevertisement just to see if the students would preferr to eat that type of lunch so that we’ll know what to do for next year.Three moments of success would be pretty much nothing because we have’nt really had any successes due to the fact that we have’nt really done anything to have any successes.Indecisions would be mainly everything that we have done as far as the going out, the trying to call companies to sponser our schools lunches, and pretty much combinding as a group to get things done the right way.Doubts there aren’t many doubts except for the fact that we can not change school lunch because the schools landlord will not rerenevate the kitchen to a full service lunchroom. Humor, there is alot of humor within our group even our teacher has a little humor which makes the group very intertaining and fun to be a part of I myself have alot of humor within the group but overall the humor is what makes the group fun. Frustration, yes there is alot of that as well espoecially when the teacher talks and talks abotu the same thing over and over again, and when we take walks and the instructor does not know where she’s going that makes me so frustrated and angry because I get tired of walking to the same place. Another frustration would be the constant trying and getting told no all the time about school lunches. Happiness, that would be when we get our school better lunches, that would be a major happiness for me and the entire school. I think that is the only happiness that can happen.Sadness, there are no sadnesses because if we can’t get it I don’t that that anyone would be sad they’ll just continue living nobody will loose sleep over the situation because it’s really not that big of a deal.


The Binoculars: How will service learning change your future behaviors/attitudes and career?

In my own personal opinion I honestly do not think that service learning can change a person because you can not change a person that person has to be willing to change his/herself making them join a service learning group is not going to change them unless they change willingly.

No comments: